On a cold day, there is nothing more delicious and comforting than a HOT bowl of soup–and when it’s cheesy? Even better! I’ve tweaked a classic Broccoli Cheddar soup recipe to make it super keto-friendly so that you stay in fat-burning ketosis while enjoying this classic comfort food, keto broccoli cheddar soup!
For this recipe, I use frozen broccoli instead of fresh. It’s easy to have on hand in the freezer and it tends to fall apart in the soup anyway–feel free to use fresh if you want! I also make a big batch in advance so we can have soup for now and later. It’s so easy to ladle in freezer Ziploc bags for a quick weeknight dinner. Just defrost and simmer on the stove!
Check out the best keto broccoli cheddar soup recipe below!
New to Keto and looking for more resources and recipes? Check out my other keto articles here!
Looking for more soup recipes? Try my Avocado soup!
KETO BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE:
Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white onion
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups broccoli chopped into bite size pieces
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum for thickening
- 1 cup cheddar cheese; shredded sharp for extra flavor
- 2 slices Bacon; cooked and crumbled for garnish
- In large pot, saute onion and garlic with butter over medium heat until onions are softened and translucent.
- Add broth and broccoli to pot.Cook broccoli until tender. Add salt, pepper and desired seasoning.
- Place cream cheese in small bowl and heat in microwave for ~30 seconds until soft and easily stirred.
- Stir heavy whipping cream and cream cheese into soup; bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and quickly stir in cheddar cheese.
- Stir in xanthan gum, if desired. Allow to thicken.
- Serve hot with bacon crumbles (optional)
Have you tried this keto broccoli cheddar soup recipe? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Leave a Reply