Fall is really one of the most special times of the year. So many wonderful flavors, come together in our homes and remind us that this time is all about making memories with our families. It may sound cliche but some of my fondest memories growing up, was baking with different family members during the fall time. Whether it was my mom or my grandma, I know that the kitchen was always a special place for fall memories. While Harrison isn’t quite old enough to help me out or lick the batter (it really is the best part, we all know it!) I am so excited in the years to come, and the countless cookies and cupcakes we will bake together. Especially pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!
Today I am sharing one of my favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipes. I know that fall comes with a sleuth of new flavors like butternut squash and cinnamon, I have always favored pumpkin over any of the others. One of the main reasons for that is the fact that it blends well with so many other flavors and can be included in both sweet and savory dishes. I’ve been using pumpkin in so many dishes from mac and cheese to yogurt parfaits, there is no stopping me now! I have been using the same recipe for my chocolate chip cookies forever, so it was all about finding the best way to include pumpkin in my recipe. I’ve tried just adding various forms of pumpkins but I found that pumpkin puree will make them super soft and chewy, while those who prefer thin and soft cookies, might want to stick to just adding pumpkin spice to your traditional cookie batter! I have chosen to take the chewy route, so follow along with one of my absolute favorite fall recipes below!
Looking for some low-carb options to satisfy your sweet tooth? Check out this post where I share some of my favorite Keto friendly candies!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup your preferred sweeter (sugar, stevia, monk fruit, etc.)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 cups of your flour of choice (I use almond or coconut)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice (you can also make your own!)**
- 3/4- 1 cup of your favorite chocolate chips (depending on how many you want in each cookie)
- Kosher flaky salt for garnish
**Pumpkin Spice Ingredients:
- ¼ cup ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine butter, egg, and sweeteners with a hand mixer until creamed.
- Add pumpkin puree and vanilla to creamed batter and mix until combined well.
- Add dry and wet ingredients together until combine
- Add chocolate chips to batter
- Scoop 1 in balls of cook dough onto parchment lined baking sheet and slightly press down balls
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until cookies begin browning on the bottom.
- Transfer to wire rack for cooling and immediately sprinkle on flaky salt, and enjoy!
As I mentioned, these cookies turn out soft and chewy and I know that isn’t for everyone. If you plan on keeping your cookies on the tougher side, I recommend just using pumpkin spice and not adding the pumpkin puree! If you’re a pumpkin love like me, leave me some of your favorite fall recipes in the comments!
Do you like pumpkin chocolate chip cookies? Let me know in a comment below!