You guys were so obsessed with this keto fried chicken avocado salad when I posted it on Instagram–I’m excited to say…the recipe is here! I miss crispy, crunchy fried chicken but this hits the spot for me! The star ingredient are the pork rind “breadcrumbs”. The first time I tried to make this I tried making my own “breadcrumbs” and it didn’t turn out as good…I couldn’t get the super fine powder like the pre-made ones (and not to mention the extra effort of using and cleaning the food processor. Whether you DIY your pork rinds or buy them pre-“breadcrumbed”, you’re all set for some incredible keto fried chicken!
This Keto Fried Chicken Avocado Salad is a perfect healthy lunch or dinner in a bowl. It’s packed with delicious flavor and has tons of protein and healthy fats. This low-carb keto fried chicken avocado salad is an ideal meal and will keep you satiated and full of energy for hours! It’s also way less than 20 carbs! These can also be eaten alone as a healthy alternative to chicken tenders. Kids love them too! Serve them hot or cold with your favorite keto dipping sauce.
If you want, you can also sub out romaine lettuce for cabbage slaw!
I’ve even served this with lemon slices baked on for additional flavor!
Keto Fried Chicken Avocado Salad Recipe:
Keto Fried Chicken Avocado Salad
- 3 oz Chicken Breast
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Pork Rinds, crushed into a powder
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- 1 Tomato (or 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes)
- 5 oz Lettuce
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- Cut the chicken into tenders
- Crush your pork rinds in a food processor or with a wooden spoon until they resemble crumbs. Dump them into a bowl. Alternatively you can just pre-crumbled pork rinds
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs then add the salt and pepper and mix well. Add the chicken to the egg mixture and stir to coat.
- In batches dip the chicken into the pork rinds. Toss to coat. You can double-dredge into the egg and pork rinds for a even crispier coating!
- Heat about an inch of oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken in batches until golden brown and cooked through. You can also bake these in the oven or airfryer at 375F for 15 minutes
- Drain on paper towels.
- Arrange all salad ingredients in a large bowl and add chicken
- Drizzle with ranch dressing, your favorite dressing, or just eat plain!