This Creamy Tuscan Salmon recipe has me drooling all over again. We made this a few nights ago for dinner and I’m already dreaming of the next time we make it. This recipe takes about 30 minutes to make and tastes like the real deal restaurant quality you know and love. Pan-seared salmon drenched in a creamy parmesan sauce? I mean come on, what could be better! Did I mention this recipe is low carb and can be made keto friendly? Win win! With all of these New Year’s resolutions I know we’re all setting for ourselves, I’m working toward keeping up with my low carb and keto diet. I love how this way of eating makes me feel and have noticed such amazing physical and mental changes within myself. I’ve especially loved discovering new recipes and forming an even deeper relationship with Pinterest. While we’re also all staying home more, I figured this delicious recipe would be great to make with your families. Cooking with Kevin is so much fun and gives us that extra bit of quality time together. This recipe is perfect for a special date night at home or even just a treat yourself kind of night! I hope try this recipe out and if you do, send pictures!
Creamy Tuscan Salmon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (for salmon)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic (smashed and minced)
- 18 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (for sauce)
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3-4 ounces spinach
- To start, you’re going to sear the salmon. Simply heat olive oil in a high sided skillet over medium high heat.
- While the oil warms up, make sure all four salmon fillets are dried with paper towels.
- Sprinkle tops of your salmon with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Once the oil and pan are hot, put each fillet of salmon in the pan (Skin side down first if you’re using skin). Sear your salmon for about 1-3 minutes and then flip salmon to cook the other side for about 1 minute.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and keep warm in the oven or by wrapping in aluminum foil.
Tuscan Sauce Instructions
- Using the same pan, over medium heat, melt butter in the remaining oil from the salmon. Once melted, add minced garlic and cook until fragrant (probably about a minute).
- Cut up half of the cherry tomatoes and add to the pan. You’ll want to cook this for about 1 minute when you notice the tomatoes are beginning to split.
- Add in heavy cream, kosher salt, dried basil, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Let simmer for 2-4 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir in chopped spinach. Keep cooking until cream looks thicker and spinach is cooked through.
- Add half of the freshly chopped basil and then you can finally put the salmon back into the pan to heat up a little bit.
- Serve and plate! We chose to eat our with a beautifully green salad, but this would be amazing with one of my favorite Fresh Burrata Salad recipes.
I’ve also been loving these Turkey Smash Burgers and can’t get enough of these Crock Pot recipes. If you’re interested in learning more about the low carb/keto diet lifestyle, check out the Best Keto Cookbooks From Amazon and my guide on How to Start The Keto Diet!
Have you made creamy Tuscan salmon before? Let me know in a comment below!